Dear kind Kindie people,
After much deliberation, we have decided that we will no longer continue KindieFest. We have loved every minute of it and thank you for all your enthusiasm and loyalty over the five years. We will all be continuing active roles in the family music world and will certainly see you around the scene.
Stephanie, Bill, Tor, & Mona
What an amazing KindieFest! So much learning, laughing, dancing, rocking, friend-making…it’s everything that makes this crazy little world of family music so amazing.
Thank you all. Attendees, volunteers, the BAM folks, panelists, performers…everyone. We love you.
Stephanie, Mona, Tor, and Bill
P.S. If you want to let us know what you thought, send us an email at email@example.com.
Advance registration is closed, but we will accept walk-up registrations starting Friday at 10:00 a.m. If you arrive after the event has started, just ask for a staffer or producer and we’ll get you registered!
We can’t wait to see you all!
We’re getting really close to KindieFest 2013, friends! We are super excited and hope you are too. We thought we’d share a few ideas to make the most of your time:
- First off, head on over to our event on Facebook and RSVP. That way folks know who will be there, and you can post on the event’s wall, see who else is attending, and plan meetups!
- If you haven’t registered yet, do so now! We will end online registration a week or so before the event to ensure that your badge will get to you in time, and while we’ll take walk-up registration (space permitting), it’s easier for you and for us if you register in advance.
- The full schedule is up on our 2013 Schedule page. While we don’t have any overlapping panels this year, you will want to think about whether you’re going to try to attend any workshops. (Those are first-come, first-served.)
- Note that our Sunday festival is presently sold out. There may be more tickets opening up, so keep an eye on BAM’s site.
- Another great place to network with folks is at Sprockster. We will be permanently taking down the KindieFest social network (nothing else, just that Ning site) later this month. The nice people at Sprockster would love to see you there.
- Panelist and all around nice fellow Jeff Bogle from Out With The Kids would love it if you joined him trying to get a little more fit before KindieFest. Check out the details here.
- KindieFest veteran Bari Koral was kind enough to write up a few thoughts about how to have a great KindieFest. You can check that out here.
- Finally, check it out — over to the right! It’s a jukebox with music from a bunch of our 2013 performers!
We are super excited that Mil’s Trills, Children’s Media Association, and Hip Tot will be hosting a KindieFest after party! It’ll take place Saturday night starting at 11:00:
Location: Mullanes Bar & Grill: 71 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Directions: Make a right out of BAM Fischer Hall. Turn right onto Lafayette Ave. Walk straight for two blocks towards Fulton Street intersection. Mullanes will be in front of you on the LEFT on the corner of S. Elliot Place
Cost: FREE — plus we’ll have KindieFest Drink Specials
Keep the conversations going and the drinks flowing! This post-KindieFest networking party invites you to the launch of a newly formed “roundtable” of ideas, collaborations and skilled persons who work within the realm of family entertainment and early childhood education.
Hosted by Mil’s Trills, CMA & Hip Tot. Open to all Kindiefest badges & CMA members.
Use the keyword KindieFest to retrieve your drink special at the bar. To register, please email Amelia at firstname.lastname@example.org.